Should You Still Worry About Alienation Of Affection?

October 2, 2009

Can your relationship with a married man or woman end with a law suit? Host Ned Daze and attorney Lee Rosen discuss the new laws that went into effect on October 1, and answer calls about how this change in the legislation will alter how alienation of affection and criminal conversation cases play out in North Carolina.

{ 5 comments… read them below or add one }

Connie Clawson October 7, 2009 at 7:26 am

I am currently seeing a separated man who lives in NC and my question regards criminal conversation. Since we are currently seeing each other and have been since April of 2009. I am concerned about the wife sueing me for criminal conversation. I do have an estate to be worried about since my prior husband is deceased and left me well off. Do I currently have a reason to worry about this? I feel uncomfortable in a relationship that I have to be careful about being seen with each other.

d October 25, 2009 at 9:53 am

I have been involved with a married man for almost 2 years now. He wants to leave but she keeps telling him that if he leaves she will sue me. If he leaves and don’t live with me even she knows about us and we keep apart (not be seen in public together) act as if we are dating and thats all can she still sue? When he has the kids we don’t see one another either. How long do we have to wait ?

JJ January 11, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I was involved with a married man for 3 months but was not aware he was married. He resides in Virginia with his wife & I live in NC. Virginia does not recognize Alienation of Affection Laws & NC does. Will this affect me? Can I be sued? Of course, I have ended it since finding out this. Please advise.

betty January 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I have a judgment on me for 40,ooo dollars on a alianation of affection in 2002 in N.C.I have not paid a dime to her. How long does a judgment like this stay on a person. Some lawyers say 7 years some say 10 years witch one is right? Can she take my new spouse and my bank account and home if it is in both names.

Ronda October 12, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I leave in Dallas tx I have been with a man for 10 yrs I adopted a son in 2006 he recognize him as his son, since TX does not have Alienation of effection can I sue for child support? he wants to be with someone else now

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: